Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Home made Lunchable

Our home made lunchable
 
A while back when I asked my son what he wanted for lunch he replied "a 'Lunchable'."
'Lunchables' are not something that I would typically purchase so the request caught me off guard.
Trying to think of what I could do to create a lunchable, I remember passing over something on pinterest of serving snacks in a muffin tin, with that in mind I set out to create a healthy, home made version.
 
I cut up some lunch meat and cheese,
pulled out some fruit and a vegi,
added some crackers
and topped it off with a go-gurt 
 
It added a little fun into what we would typically have for lunch, but instead of half eaten sandwiches I had empty tins.
 
I have the large muffin tins, but the regular sized ones would work too.
This is now one of my sons favorite requests for lunch and I can feel good about giving it to him because I control what goes in and can vary it up according to what I have in my fridge/pantry.

1 comment:

  1. What a clever idea. That is a good idea to remember when I am tending grandkids.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete